What Makes Me the Ultimate Horse Junkie, by Jen Pretty
Dear Horse Junkies,
Being a horse junkie involves more than just buying tons of tack and apparel. It’s a state of being that influences every action throughout your day.
- You wake up and check for horse related emails and then, scan various horse bulletin boards, sale sites, and groups while coffee is brewing.
- You don’t have friends who don’t have horses.
- Your google search history is full of only horse related topics.
- Your computer/phone/etc screen is a photo of your horse.
- Your password for banking, facebook and email is your horse’s name with a few token numbers for extra security.
- When you need to buy a gift for a non-horsey family member, you shop at your local tack store and hope you find something they’d like.
- Your feed store knows your name, phone number and address without looking you up and will even recognize you by voice on the phone.
- Your Facebook profile picture is your horse and you have 10x more pictures of your horse than you do of your family.
- You have your vet and farrier on speed dial
- You worry all night when your horse is acting ‘weird’, even though there doesn’t seem to be anything actually wrong
- You schedule your own life around your horse’s daily routine.
- You know the names of more horse diseases than human, and can diagnose a horse’s injury or illness before the vet arrives.
- You are fully aware of what your horse is saying at every moment, even though he can’t speak English.
I think those of us who are true horse junkies can completely understand the driving passion to know more, understand more and be more too our equine friends. I always say when it comes to horses, you either get it, or you don’t.
horse junkie 4 life.