Does your horse make you laugh, smile, and cry? Do they deserve to be shared with the world? You get all that and more when you’re a blogger with Horse Junkies United. We’re stepping it up a bit because sometimes fame isn’t enough. That’s why we’re creating the ultimate equestrian prize package for equestrian bloggers all over the world.
Share your triumphs, heartaches, oops, and “I hope no one saw that” moments with a community that understands. Plus, the opportunity to win a bunch of awesome swag isn’t too shabby.
The grand prize winner will receive a phenomenal prize package valued at over $1200. We will also be awarding one runner-up prize package with plenty of swag. The brands with whom we have partnered for this contest are:
- Annabel Brocks
- Back On Track USA
- Dressage Anywhere
- $50 voucher
- HiHo Silver
- HUF Designs
- One Sküp of each available color
- Joy Ride/Confident Rider
- Kastel Denmark
- Kate Negus Saddlery
- Kensington Protective Products
- $50 Gift Certificate
- McKenzie & George
- $45 Gift Certificate
- Robin Roadknight
- Roeckl Gloves
- Sienna Jones
- Tucker Tweed
- Victoria Brant/Wimpy Eventer
- Diary of a Wimper Eventer book and Sweatshirt
Our runner-up will also receive a prize pack valued at $200, and our third place blogger will receive an accessory pack from Kerrits.
The fine print:
- All blog entries must be in English.
- Blogs entries must be no shorter than 500 words and no longer than 1000 words.
- Participants must submit three blog entries over the course of the contest entry period to be a finalist.
- Participants must submit a total of three blogs by each deadline (see below for specifics).
- Blog entries must include at least one horizontal photo that you have all the rights from the photographer to use. (If the rider is on a horse, he/she must be wearing a helmet, please).
- All entries that meet these rules will be judged by the HJU International Equestrian Blogging Contest judging panel to determine the finalists.
- Interested participants can receive more information to become regular Horse Junkies United contributors.
- The winner will be determined by a random generator from the pool of finalists.
- By submitting entries to this contest, you agree to give Horse Junkies United permission to publish your work.
All blogs will be judged on:
Quality of writing
Deadline for entries:
The winner of the contest will be announced in October, after all entries have been published.
Guidelines for each of the three blogs to be submitted are as follows:
- Entry 1: Your first entry can be a blog that has been published on a personal blog or website, but it cannot have been published on any media platform (Horse Junkies United, The Chronicle of the Horse, etc.)
- Entries 2 and 3: Your second entries must be original pieces not published on either a personal blog or other website.
- All entries must be received no later than September 30, 2017 to be considered for the prizes. We highly encourage you to submit your entries ahead of the deadline so that our judges can have time to read all of them.
Send your entries with at least one horizontal photo to: sally(at)heelsdownmedia.com, subject line “HJU Blogging Contest” Send the blog text in the body of the email or as a .doc with a .jpeg image attached – please let us know who took the photo for credit and make sure you have the rights. Good luck!